North Woods School Announcements
Friday – November 17th, 2017
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Water will be shut off today at 2:00pm. If you need water after 2pm you will need to store some before it is shut off. If you have questions you can contact Steve Bartolous.
- Students planning to attend HCC's Tech Day on December 1st need to turn in their permission slips into Mrs. Stark by Tuesday, November 28th.
- Indian Education/Support Services rooms will be closed today. Services will resume on Monday, November 20th.
- Seniors: The first scholarship list was handed out. If you need a copy, see Mrs. Stark.
- If you ordered Homecoming pictures, please see Mrs. Christensen.
- Football Players: Reminder that all pads must be turned in and lockers cleaned out ASAP. Students that do not turn in all gear will not be able to pick up other sports gear.
- North Woods Archery registration and first practice will be held Sunday, December 3 from 245-445 in gymnasium for 4th - 12th graders. Parents and/or guardians must attend. Cost per archer is $65. Contact Lisa Hyppa 780-1151 for more information.
- There will be a One Act Play/Drama Club meeting on Tues., Nov. 21 at 11:30 in the library for anyone interested in participating in competition or wanting to find out more about what is involved.
- Football Section Championship t-shirts are available by pre-paying and ordering though Mrs. Parson. Youth-XL are $15, XXL-$16 and XXXL- $17. Only shirts that are paid for by 3:00 pm today will be ordered. Money can also be dropped off in the office, but let Mrs. Parson know what sizes you are ordering. 218-969-6115. There is a picture on the North Woods Grizzlies Football page.
- Today’s lunch is French Toast Sticks and Sausage.
- Juniors and Seniors: Hibbing Community College is hosing its Tech Day on Friday, December 1st. You can choose 2 program areas you are interested in and you will get to try some hands on activities in these programs. Lunch will be provided. Sign up with Mrs. Stark today if you would like to attend.
- Are you interested in fashion? If you'd like to try to win a one week paid internship in LA in the areas of design, marketing, ecommerce, and operations, this is the contest for you! Go to fameandpartners.com/it-girl for more information on the contest rules and requirements. A poster with more information is available outside of the Counseling Office. The deadline is November 30.
- The Cook Community Rec Center is open again. Fall hours are Wednesdays 5:00 – 8:00 pm and Saturdays 5:00 to 10:00 pm.
- Coding Club for Kids at the Cook Public Library, Thursdays in November (except Thanksgiving) at 5:00 pm. Have you ever wanted to learn how to create a computer game or design your own website? Come to the library to explore computer coding in a fun and interactive environment. Kids in grades 5 and up are invited to participate. Adults are encouraged to attend and learn with the kids. All materials will be provided.
- The PTO annual Butter Braid field trip fundraiser will be held November 3rd through 20th! See an elementary student to order. Staff: An order form will be in the Conference Room.
- The Vermilion Youth Center (formerly Boys & Girls Club) will be closed Thursday/Friday, November 23rd/24th.
* Please make sure to check your email daily for messages from the office.
* All students going to the Library must have a pass and must sign in. There will also be no food, pop or phones in the library.
* Health office is closed every day from 10:15 am until 10:45 am.
- Job Opportunities: See the Counselor’s window for the latest opportunities and the announcements monitor in the Commons.
- Anishinaabe Language Classes began at the Nett Lake Youth Center (previously known as the Boys and Girls Club). Classes will be held every Wednesday from 3:00 to 4:00 pm until May 9th, 2018.
- GBB Jamboree: Saturday, November 18th, Nashwauk
- Holiday – No School: Thursday, November 23rd through Monday, November 27th