North Woods School Announcements
Friday – May 26th, 2017
- Congratulations to all our Grizzly golfers on a great Section tournament! The boys took 2nd in the Section. Tate Olson and Chase Kleppe both qualified for State as individuals. The girls team won the Section Championship and will advance to the State Tournament, which will be held June 12-14 at Pebble Creek in Becker!
- All Softball girls need to hand in their uniforms to Dee Ann by Tuesday, May 30th!
- There will be a brief volleyball meeting during Jr High and Sr High lunch periods today in the Commons with Mrs. Sandberg. If you are playing volleyball next year, please attend!!
- Mrs. Roesch of ADAPT will not be in today.
- Track: Practice will be held today after school for those that qualified for the Section meet.
- Locker rooms need to be cleaned out of all personal belongings today. The only things that should be left in the locker rooms are items needed for sports. If you have not turned in your school-issued PE lock, please return to Mrs. Holien today. All students who checked out a lock and do not return the lock will be charged $3.00.
- Morning Mindset: Look for a way to lift someone up. And if that's all you do, that's enough. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Students: Please make sure to check your email daily for messages from the office. We do not want to interrupt classes to notify you of items to pick up, bus passes, etc.
- Reminder to all from the Kitchen: Please remember – if you have a negative balance in your food program account, they will not be able to serve the regular lunch.
- Yearbooks: There are a few yearbooks available for sale. If interested, please see Mrs. Olson before school starts or during lunch.
- Northwoods Friends of the Arts Gallery Contest: Deadline for entries is June 3rd. Students may submit 3 free photos, any additional entries are $10 per photo. Photos must be 5x7 or 8x10 and displayed in a white mat and protective sleeve (provided). Student winner receives $25 and opportunity to exhibit or sell up to three photos in the gallery in July. People's Choice award is $50 with the winning photo framed.
- Orr’s July 3rd Fun Day is seeking royalty candidates. King and Queen candidates are ages 11 and older. Prince and Princess are 10 and under. Sign up by Wednesday, May 31st. Ticket sales start June 1st. Participate must be willing to sell raffle tickets and are responsible for all tickets and monies from their sales For more in and to register, contact Karis at 218-684-5416 or email at .
- Job Opportunities: See the Counselor’s window for the latest opportunities and the announcements monitor in the Commons.
- Kindergarten Spring Program: TODAY, 1:30 pm, Commons
- Holiday- No School: Monday, May 29th
- 2nd Grade Field Trip: Tuesday, May 30th, Doug Johnson Park
- 3rd Grade Field Trip: Tuesday, May 30th, Pier 77
- Elementary Track & Field Day: Wednesday, May 31st
- Last Day of School: Thursday, June 1st
- Track – Section Meet: Thursday, June 1st, Esko
- Graduation: Friday, June 2nd, 7:00 pm