North Woods School Announcements
Thursday – September 21st, 2017
- 7th/8th grade volleyball players are excused at 2:50 pm today for their game in Hibbing. Bus leaves at 3:00 pm.
- From Coach Squires: The bus for the Cross Country meet in Milaca leaves at 5:30 am Saturday, September 23rd. Please be on time.
- Knowledge Bowl practice for students in grades 7-9 today during Jr High lunch in Room 201. Knowledge Bowl practice for students in grade 10 Monday, September 25th during Senior High lunch in room 201
- Today is the last day to order the SCHOOL SPIRIT T-shirts from the Volleyball team. Please give order forms to Mrs. Sandberg (Room 208).
- Most of the Football sweatshirts will be in late next week. The company was short 9 XL, 10 2XL and 5 3XL, so those will come in later than the first shipment. Updates will be given.
- National Honor Society members: Please pay your dues to Mrs. Stark as soon as possible!
- Juniors interested in taking the PSAT on Wednesday, October 11th must see Mrs. Stark to sign up or for more information. You are not required to take this test, but it’s good to prep for the ACT. The cost is $16. Checks can be made out to North Woods School. Please pay Mrs. Stark by Tuesday, October 3rd. A small number of fee waivers are available and will be given on a first come, first served basis.
- Scholarship Opportunity for Seniors: To apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship, seniors must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA, must be planning to enter college next fall with plans of pursuing a bachelor's degree (even if planning to start at a two year college), and be able to demonstrate financial need. To apply, go to scholars.horatioalger.org. The deadline is October 25th.
- UPS provides the Earn and Learn Program where students can get as much as $25,000 in paid college tuition while working for them. For more information on the program, see the poster outside of the Counseling Office.
- Students in grades 9-12: You could begin earning scholarships for college as early as 9th grade! Find out how much you could earn by signing up for Raise.me. See Mrs. Stark if you have any questions.
- An Iron Range Youth in Action will be held Monday, September 25th during Sr High lunch in Mr. Scherf’s room (209).
- Yearbooks: If you want the best deal of the year for yearbooks, order by Friday, September 22nd. See Mrs. Olson for details.
- Driver Training will be held at North Woods beginning Monday, October 2nd. Pick up info sheets/reg forms from the wooden rack outside the library. See the info for other classes in the area if these dates don’t work for you.
- Today’s lunch is Taco Salad (swapped with 9/15).
- Morning Mindset: The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- Seniors planning to take the ACT on October 28th must register at act.org by tomorrow - Friday, September 22nd.
- The University of Minnesota Twin Cities is hosting an Open House for Multicultural Students on Saturday, October 7th from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Learn more about this event and register by visiting http://z.umn.edu/ExperienceMinnesota
- Volleyball players are selling Grizzly Spirit-Wear t-shirts. They are only $15 and support North Woods School Spirit! Order forms are in the office and with the volleyball girls and coaches.
* Please make sure to check your email daily for messages from the office.
* All students going to the Library must have a pass and must sign in. There will also be no food, pop or phones in the library.
- Job Opportunities: See the Counselor’s window for the latest opportunities and the announcements monitor in the Commons.
- VB (7/8 only) - Hibbing: TODAY, Away, 4:30 pm (rescheduled from 9/18)
- FB (V) - Cook County: Friday, September 22nd, Home, 5:00 pm
- VB Tournament: Saturday, September 23rd, Virginia
- XC: Saturday, September 23rd, Milaca Mega Meet