North Woods School Announcements
Monday – September 25th, 2017
- National Honor Society members: Please pay your dues to Mrs. Stark as soon as possible!
- Juniors interested in taking the PSAT on Wednesday, October 11th must see Mrs. Stark to sign up or for more information. You are not required to take this test, but it’s good to prep for the ACT. The cost is $16. Checks can be made out to North Woods School. Please pay Mrs. Stark by Tuesday, October 3rd. A small number of fee waivers are available and will be given on a first come, first served basis.
- An Iron Range Youth in Action will be held today during Sr High lunch in Mr. Scherf’s room (209).
- Today’s lunch is Hot Dogs w/Mac & Cheese.
- Morning Mindset: The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling. ~ Fabienne Fredrickson
- Scholarship Opportunity for Seniors: To apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship, seniors must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA, must be planning to enter college next fall with plans of pursuing a bachelor's degree (even if planning to start at a two year college), and be able to demonstrate financial need. To apply, go to scholars.horatioalger.org. The deadline is October 25th.
- UPS provides the Earn and Learn Program where students can get as much as $25,000 in paid college tuition while working for them. For more information on the program, see the poster outside of the Counseling Office.
- Students in grades 9-12: You could begin earning scholarships for college as early as 9th grade! Find out how much you could earn by signing up for Raise.me. See Mrs. Stark if you have any questions.
- Most of the Football sweatshirts will be in late this week. The company was short 9 XL, 10 2XL and 5 3XL, so those will come in later than the first shipment. Updates will be given.
- Seniors planning to take the ACT on October 28th must register at act.org by today.
- The University of Minnesota Twin Cities is hosting an Open House for Multicultural Students on Saturday, October 7th from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Learn more about this event and register by visiting http://z.umn.edu/ExperienceMinnesota
- Driver Training will be held at North Woods beginning Monday, October 2nd. Pick up info sheets/reg forms from the wooden rack outside the library. See the info for other classes in the area if these dates don’t work for you.
* Please make sure to check your email daily for messages from the office.
* All students going to the Library must have a pass and must sign in. There will also be no food, pop or phones in the library.
- Job Opportunities: See the Counselor’s window for the latest opportunities and the announcements monitor in the Commons.
- JHFB (8) - Chisholm: TODAY, Home, 5:00 pm
- FB (B) – Virginia: Tuesday, September 26th, Away, 4:30 pm
- JHFB (7) – Virginia: Tuesday, September 26th, Away, 6:00 pm
- Academic Journey: Thursday, September 28th , Camp Chicagami
- 6th Grade Field Trip: Thursday, September 28th, Boreal Forest Field Day
- XC – Hibbing Rotary: Thursday, September 28th, Hibbing
- VB – NER: Thursday, September 28th , Home (7/8@4:30 pm)
- JH FB (8) – MIB: Thursday, September 28th, Away, 5:00 pm
- 6th Grade Field Trip: Friday, September 29th, Rice Camp, Nett Lake
- FB (V) – NER: Friday, September 29th, Away, 3:15 pm
- Midterm: Wednesday, October 4th