North Woods School Announcements
Tuesday – November 21st, 2017
- Junior High and Junior Varsity Knowledge Bowl team members are invited to Room 201 today during lunchtime for ice cream and awards (grades 7-9 during Junior High lunch and Grade 10 during Sr High lunch).
- From Coach T. Olson: 6th Grade Girls Basketball first practice will be held today from 5:30 to 6:45 pm in the gym. If parents have questions, please call Coach Olson at 218-750-7907.
- A student from West Point Military Academy will be in the cafeteria during senior high lunch today to talk with students about the Academy.
- There will be a One Act Play/Drama Club meeting today at 11:30 am in the Library for anyone interested in participating in competition or wanting to find out more about what is involved.
- A Jr High Niij Nation meeting will be held today during Jr High Lunch in SSS/Ind Ed Room 202.
- Students planning to attend HCC's Tech Day on December 1st need to turn in their permission slips into Mrs. Stark by Tuesday, November 28th.
- Seniors: The first scholarship list was handed out. If you need a copy, see Mrs. Stark.
- Juniors: The ASVAB test will be given on Tuesday, November 28th. Juniors with last names beginning with A-K will test in Room 201. Juniors with last names beginning with L-Z will test in Room 203. Report directly to your testing room for attendance.
- North Woods Archery registration and first practice will be held Sunday, December 3rd from 2:45 – 4:45 in the gym for students in grades 4 through 12. Parents and/or guardians must attend. Cost per archer is $65. Contact Lisa Hyppa 780-1151 for more information.
- Morning Mindset: When we know ourselves to be connected to all others, acting compassionately is simply the natural thing to do. ~ Rachel Naomi Remen
- Are you interested in fashion? If you'd like to try to win a one week paid internship in LA in the areas of design, marketing, ecommerce, and operations, this is the contest for you! Go to fameandpartners.com/it-girl for more information on the contest rules and requirements. A poster with more information is available outside of the Counseling Office. The deadline is November 30.
- The Cook Community Rec Center is open again. Fall hours are Wednesdays 5:00 – 8:00 pm and Saturdays 5:00 to 10:00 pm.
- Coding Club for Kids at the Cook Public Library, Thursdays in November (except Thanksgiving) at 5:00 pm. Have you ever wanted to learn how to create a computer game or design your own website? Come to the library to explore computer coding in a fun and interactive environment. Kids in grades 5 and up are invited to participate. Adults are encouraged to attend and learn with the kids. All materials will be provided.
- The Vermilion Youth Center (formerly Boys & Girls Club) will be closed Thursday/Friday, November 23rd/24th.
- Please make sure to check your email daily for messages from the office.
- All students going to the Library must have a pass and must sign in. There will also be no food, pop or phones in the library.
- Health office is closed every day from 10:15 am until 10:45 am.
- Job Opportunities: See the Counselor’s window for the latest opportunities and the announcements monitor in the Commons.
- Holiday – No School: Thursday, November 23rd through Monday, November 27th
- ASVAB Test: Tuesday, November 28th, 8:30 – 11:30 am
- GBB – Chisholm: Tuesday, November 28th, Away (Gr 7@5:45 pm)
- BBB - South Ridge: Thursday, November 30th, Away
- GBB – NER (no 7/8): Thursday, November 30th, Home
- HCC Tech Career Day: Friday, December 1st, Hibbing